Friday, December 09, 2005

End of Semester

The end of the stupid semester is almost finally here. I managed to work myself somewhat sick by doing a monstrous final lab report (31 pages) at the last minute. I had to skip dinner and stay up all night to finish it and turn it in on time yesterday, but I did it. Some of my friends were freaking out about the whole thing, and one of them got physically ill and threw up. Of course, this same individual wants to become a doctor, so I hope that he gets his shit together before he heads off to med-school, because if turning in a final report freaks you out, then holding someone's life in your hands should really freak you out. He's a good guy though, but way too uptight about everything, as most of these freaks known as pre-meds are.

Of course, everyone always says that since I'm always so calm no matter what is going on I'd make a good surgeon (maybe even a good general? HA!). I'd probably be infinitely better if I actually... did things ahead of time? I have issues with studying and doing projects in my free time; I'd much rather wait until the absolute last point wherein I must do the work. For example, my honors biochem class, I didn't bother studying for the final exam (not really a "final" per sey, just the second midterm exam), I just looked over some of my old work the second day before the test. The night before the test I studied from 10-3AM, and even then, I'd say about half of that time was me talking with my friend that I was studying with. I end up getting a low A on this exam, even though all my classmates are honors students that were constantly studying for it. One girl got a 100% on it, which really raises questions in my eyes, because she's sort of a moron, and all of her past work sucked. She also got a 105% on the lab midterm. How does this happen? I dunno, but morons don't usually get 100+% on exams unless something's up. Especially since, on her homeworks, she got D's.

Anyway, I'm sick of talking about school since it's been all I've been able to do for like the past month. I'll update this thing with an angry rant tommorrow; I'll probably just watch some Fox News for inspiration.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

You need to update more often. And talk about how awesome I am and how much you miss me :)

Mon Dec 19, 06:44:00 PM PST  

Post a Comment

<< Home